The Yenching Global Symposium (YGS) is back for 2023!
If you are passionate about international cooperation and want to make your mark on the important global discussion about China and the world, YGS is one of China’s most competitive and leading forums for emerging leaders to engage on these issues. We invite you to join us at 2023 YGS!
What is the Yenching Global Symposium?
YGS is the flagship event of the Yenching Academy of Peking University, initiated and organized by the students of the Academy. The forum aims to provide a platform for young leaders and industry experts from all over the world to conduct interdisciplinary dialogues on issues related to China. The forum has been held six times with diverse participants from more than 60 countries and regions around the world. Guest speakers have ranged from international diplomats, television anchors, high-ranking Chinese officials, to renowned artists and journalists.
Every year delegates can expect to engage and meet a diverse and highly qualified network of experts on China-related topics. Next year, the event will take place between April 14th to April18th. Delegates can expect a hybrid format that features prominent international scholars and leading young professionals from a wide range of fields.
2023 YGS Theme: 互 Humanity: Cartographies of Collaboration
The world today is confronted with a series of global challenges, risks, and uncertainties which cannot be addressed by individual institutions or countries. Yet, we live in an increasingly divided world, with deepening fault lines within and across borders. The global community urgently requires constructive dialogue and international cooperation to advance our broad common interests. It is in this spirit that we call upon all of humankind to rise above divisions, assert our common humanity, strengthen our solidarity as one, and join mind and hand to address the complex problems the world is facing.
互 Humanity: Cartographies of Collaboration aims to foster interaction between people across different cultures, societies, and borders, promote mutual understanding, achieve consensus, facilitate the diffusion of ideas, and advance collaboration to develop strategies and solutions to address global issues. YGS 2023 will explore connections and opportunities for cooperation along three dimensions:
· Geographical Affinity
· Cultural Affinity
· Human Affinity
· Visit the official website athttp://www.yenchingglobalsymposium.com and complete and submit the application form
· Applications are open between January 1st, 2023 (00:01, China Standard Time, GMT+8) and January 31st, 2023 (23:59, China Standard Time, GMT+8)
· If you have any questions, please check the "FAQs" section of the website, or contact email@example.com for more information!
· Born after January 1, 1992;
· Possesses a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field at the time of application;
· Will commit themselves to the entirety of the symposium from April 14th to 18th.
· Is proficient in English;
· Has never attended any of the previous editions of the Yenching Global Symposium or the Yenching Social Innovation Forum
Please keep following us for more information about the Forum's introduction and activities; and feel free to visit our official website to learn more: http://www.yenchingglobalsymposium.com. Thank you!
The 2023 Yenching Global Symposium is about to start. We hereby extend an invitation to the global youth and future leaders. Prospective delegates are welcome to apply and join the 2023 YGS!
2023 Yenching Global Symposium Executive Committee